A lot of people have a hard time finding something to cook or request for Thanksgiving day. Personally, my favorites are the traditional dishes like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, and especially mac ‘n’ cheese. Most mac n’ cheese comes with the boring old mac n’ cheese, but the classic recipe calls for a simple twist.
Time: About 30 to 45 minutes
Things you will need:
- 9 in x 12 in oven safe pan
- water and a pinch of salt
- 20 oz. box of your favorite pasta
- at least 20 oz. of bottled cheese (your favorite for mac n’ cheese)
- a bag of shredded cheese (any kind)
- a lot of bread crumbs for baking
- black pepper and basil or oregano
- milk (optional)
- Velveeta (optional)
1. Fully boil the pasta until it is of the desired texture.
2. Strain the pasta of water, and layer the bottom of the pan with half of the pasta.
3. Pour half of the bottled cheese over the first layer of pasta.
4. (optional) Add milk until the desired consistancy of cheese is reached. Also add the slices of velveeta here to thicken and flavor the cheese.
5. Repeat steps two and three with the rest of the pasta and cheese.
6. Add basil, peppper, and/or oregano to the top layer of mac n’ cheese. Do not mix.
7. Add a layer of bread crumbs to the top of the mac n’ cheese. Do not mix.
8. Top everything off with a layer of shredded cheese.
9. Let the pan of mac n’ cheese bake in the middle layer of the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Warnings: Boiling water and ovens are hot. Be careful!