I was constantly trying to find something yummy and easy to replace the same old cereal I have every morning, and this was my solution. Find one night when you’ve got about an hour, and you’re set for the week! This recipe is so easy, I could probably do it in my sleep. Not really, but it’s virtually fail proof.
– 2 cups oats
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 cup walnut pieces (optional)
– 1 cup berries (I use prefer strawberries, but any work)
– ¾ cup chocolate chips
– 2 cups milk
– 1 large egg
– 3 tablespoons melted butter
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 banana, peeled and cut into ½ inch slices (optional)
(The recipe is great both with and without the walnuts and bananas, but personally, I like it better without them)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the inside of a 9 by 11 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and half of the walnuts, berries, and chocolate. (The other half will be used for the topping)
3. In another large bowl, whisk together milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the oat mixture in the baking pan. Arrange the remaining nuts, berries, and chocolate on top. Also, add the bananas. I also like to add a few sprinkles of brown sugar and a few more chocolate chips for a little extra taste.
5. Pour the milk mixture over all this. Gently shake the pan to make sure the milk mixture is spread throughout the whole pan.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the top is nicely golden brown. Let cool, but not too long because its best while its warm. Keep refrigerated and enjoy it cold or microwave it to enjoy it anytime!