I followed the original recipe almost exactly, with only a few minor tweaks, which I included in this how-to.
These cookies may look a little fancier than your average chocolate chip cookies, but take about the same amount of time. I would say this is a good Pinterest project for anyone who likes to eat; it’s very easy.
1 package Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses
½ cup softened butter
1 ½ cups sugar and extra ⅓ to set aside for rolling cookies in
2 large eggs
2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoons ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1-3 tablespoons milk ( amount depending on the consistency of dough)
*Makes about 3 dozen cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unwrap Kisses and place them in the freezer and set aside ⅓ cup sugar to roll the cookies in later.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and cream until light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Gradually add into the the butter mixture. If the dough is crumbly add, 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until it is able to stick together. (Mine took about 2)
5. Scoop dough into about 1 tablespoon balls, and roll in sugar. Place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. *Note: when you remove the cookies, they may not look done because they tend to not expand, but check them anyways
7. Remove from oven and flatten just a little (I repeat just a little) with a spatula. Allow the cookies to cool 3 minutes, but no longer. *If you wait too long, the kisses will not stick in the cookie.
8. Press the kisses into the center of the cookies. *You may notice the kisses begin to melt. If this happens, move the cookies into the refrigerator until the kisses have set.
And last but not least, make sure to enjoy some of the cookies fresh out of the oven. All cookies are best fresh out of the oven, but that applies especially to these delicious treats because they just smell so good when they come out! And for my personal touch, I suggest trying the cookies with a chai tea latte. There’s not a better way to enjoy fall than to curl up on the couch in a sweatshirt and enjoy this delicious treat!