Here’s What You Need:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
Here’s What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add shortening, milk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add eggs to the mixture. Beat for 1 minute.
- Scrape sides of bowl. Beat again for about 90 seconds until well mixed.
- Spoon the cupcake batter into paper liners until about halfway full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with traditional Red, Pink, or White Valentine’s Colored Frosting
- Finish off with some heart shaped sprinkles!