(For the apple pie dip)
3 apples, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cornstarch (dissolve in 1 tsp. of water)
(For the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips)
Whole-wheat tortillas (I used only four)
1. Combine all the ingredients for the dip EXCEPT THE CORNSTARCH into a small sauce pan.
2. Cook on high heat until the juice is extracted from the apples.
3. Add the cornstarch and mix the dip until it thickens. Set aside.
4. For the chips, cut each of the tortillas into fourths.
5. Lay on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
6. Sprinkle desired amount of both cinnamon and sugar onto the chips. (Note: Cinnamon is very dominant, so be sure to use more sugar than cinnamon!)
7. Bake the chips at 210 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Make sure they’re slightly crispy when you pull them out of the oven.
8. When the chips cool, you can enjoy them with your apple pie dip!